Saturday, November 7, 2009

De earlier De letter De sooner De better, De later De letter De madder I getter...

So we are doing this project in Comm. Studio that deals with hand written letters. Find a letter, and illustrate it. I found some fantastic ones... although I only ended up being able to use one. I picked my Dad's letter to my mom. Aren't they beautiful? The handwriting and the paper. It makes me sad that people don't hand write letters anymore. It has inspired me to do so. :)

This one is a letter I wrote to my mom after I lied about something and said Derek did it. She told me to think about what I'd done, and it resulted in this:

This is the CUTEST letter I've ever seen. My mom has a whole box of these. Apparently my Dad was in college and my Mom was still in high school. They wrote to each other (since there weren't cell phones, haha):



These are especially fantastic for me because this is an old friend. My very first friend Mark Mellen. He moved to Washington when we were pretty young, and amazingly we kept writing each other letters for years. They are so cute and I still have all of them. This one is by far my favorite.


1 comment:

  1. Omg,these are so cute and PRECIOUS~!
    Oh and “De earlier De letter De sooner De better, De later De letter De madder I getter...”<---this is my fav. part.~:D

    ReplyDelete